Feeding People, Planting Seeds of Hope
Is the largest food pantry in Rhode Island
Serves over 500 households/families monthly (including over 1700 individuals)
Distributes over 500,000 lbs of food annually
We do all of this with one part-time manager handling food distribution and over 40 volunteers donating more than 180 hours per week stocking, distributing and delivering food.
We are not just a food pantry:
- Community garden available to provide fresh produce
- Focus on providing food that is culturally sensitive to the needs of the community
- Instead of food lines Project Outreach offers a comfortable gathering place for food distribution
- Clinica Esperanza/Hope Clinic provides health screenings and education
- Assistance applying for SNAP benefits
- Interfaith Counseling Services – social worker present 8 hours a week
- Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) serving those who have been victims of crime
- After School Program for school age children– recreation, crafts, homework and supper.
For food assistance, Washington Park residents (zip code 02905) hours are Wednesdays, 9:00 am to 11:30 am. South Providence residents hours are Thursdays, 9:00 am to 11:30 am.